Sunday, November 14, 2010

SUPPORT GROUPS FOR NONCUSTODIAL MOMS

SUPPORT GROUPS FOR NONCUSTODIAL MOMS

 

I have had a lot of mothers contact me lately, and if I haven’t gotten back with you yet, I apologize.  I am still hospitalized from an accident I had in August, trying to do something about my broken down vehicle, which also served as my home.  I continue to post as much as I can however, since I know how important it is to get information out in a timely fashion, to let new noncustodial moms know they are not alone, and to continue to highlight our issues as the White House and other agencies have been coming to my site the last couple years, more frequently lately.  The most recent visit by the White House was last month to see the pictures and other coverage we had on the D.C. Rally Oct 1st and 2nd.  I thought I’d take this opportunity to highlight some very good support groups for noncustodial mothers that are available.   Also, I have covered the upcoming Battered Mothers Custody Conference in Albany, New York, being held January 7th through the 9th 2011, for several years now.  I highly recommend this conference as it will give you the opportunity to network with the professionals working on this issue.  Here is a recent post on it:

Eighth Annual Battered Mothers Custody Conference: Start Making Plans to Attend This January

Download the brochure for the event:  BMCC VIII brochure final outsideand BMCC VIII brochure final inside.


Here are the great support groups that are available:

1.  Noncustodial Moms Breaking the Silence: A very good group with group members all over the country and some in Australia, Europe and the Middle East.  Approximately 350 members.  You must apply and talk with a moderator on the phone to gain access to the group, but this ensures safety for all the members.

2.  Massachusetts Protective Mothers for Custodial Justice

3.  California Protective Parents Association

4.  Mothers of Lost Children – California

5.  Mothers of Lost Children – Indiana

6.  Alaska Moms for Custodial Justice


Also, join the American Mothers Political Party.  AMPP is a social movement seeking justice and accountability within the family court system which includes DHHS/CPS, psychologists and other so called experts.

FILED IN: ACTIVISM, ALASKA, BATTERED MOTHERS CUSTODY CONFERENCE, CALIFORNIA, CALIFORNIA PROTECTIVE PARENTS ASSOCIATION, CHILD CUSTODY, CHILD CUSTODY BATTLE, INDIANA, MASSACHUSETTS,NONCUSTODIAL MOTHERS, SUPPORT FOR NONCUSTODIAL MOMS